Do you already have an account?Log In
Terms & Conditions
BOOKING REQUEST TERMS
1. By completing the Booking Request, you are requesting a service from a business that is willing to deliver the Service in accordance with your Booking Request. Stellar will refer your request to the relevant business.
2. You understand and agree that:
- 2.1. the information you have provided to generate the Booking Request is accurate;
- 2.2. once the business has confirmed it is willing to deliver the Service, you will receive a Booking Confirmation;
- 2.3. the Booking Confirmation will be based upon information supplied by you in the Booking Request;
- 2.4. if the Service required by you differs from the information supplied by you in the Booking Request, there may be a change to the price for the Service nominated in the Booking Confirmation;
- 2.5. if you change your requirements for the Service before the Service is completed, the price of the Service may change; and
- 2.6. unless you otherwise indicate specific requirements, the Service will be the service as outlined on the Stellar website (Hyperlink https://stellarhome.com/faq.
3. If the information you have supplied only permits the provision of indicative pricing for the Service, this will be stated in the Booking Confirmation. If this occurs, you agree that the Business shall inform you of the price for the Service immediately prior to delivery of the Service.
4. To complete your Booking Request, you must provide your credit card details. Stellar will charge your credit card when the Booking Confirmation is sent to you. The Booking Confirmation cannot be finalised unless the credit card charge is processed.
5. You authorise Stellar in its absolute discretion to apply the funds received from the credit card charge for:
- 5.1. payment to the Business upon the completion of the Service; and/or
- 5.2.refund to you if the Service is cancelled or there is an entitlement to a refund (in accordance with the Terms for Change/Cancellation – see our FAQ).
6. You understand and agree that the receipt of the funds from your credit card by Stellar shall not create any contractual relationship between you and Stellar, apart from the relationship set out in this document.
1. The Business identified in the Booking Confirmation agrees to provide the Service as detailed in the Booking Confirmation.
2. You should review the Booking Confirmation to ensure that the Service is correct and as requested in the Booking Request. You should immediately contact Stellar or the Business in the event that this information is incorrect.
3. You understand and agree that:
- 3.1. the contract for the delivery of the Service shall be between you and the Business nominated in the Booking Confirmation;
- 3.2. Stellar is the agent for the Business and is not directly accountable to you for delivery of the Service; Except as otherwise provided by law, you have no separate legal relationship with Stellar.
- 3.3. the contract for the delivery of the Service shall consist of the terms set out in:
(a) this document; and
(b) the Terms for Change/Cancellation - see see our FAQ
- 3.4. the Business is solely responsible for the delivery of the Service;
- 3.5. the Service may be performed by an employee or other person authorised by the Business;
- 3.6. the cost of the Service is based upon the information supplied by you. If there is a change to the scope of work or the information you supplied is incorrect, there may be a change in the cost of the Service;
- 3.7. you authorise Stellar to make any payment to the Business following the delivery of the Service;
- 3.8. Stellar can assist you in resolving any issues experienced with the Service, however Stellar does not accept liability for any loss or damage caused by the delivery of the Service (apart from such loss or damage caused by any act or omission of Stellar); and
- 3.9. if you are dissatisfied with the Service, you must notify the Business or Stellar within forty eight (48) hours of the completion of delivery of the Service to ensure that your issue is addressed. The Business and Stellar may (at their discretion) decline to respond to your issue should notification be received after this deadline.
4. You must ensure that:
- 4.1. the Business has safe access to your residence during the delivery of the Service;
- 4.2. the Business is made aware of any security or safety issues prior to the commencement of the Service; and
- 4.3. you have any relevant household insurances for the delivery of the Service.
5. The Business shall reserve the right to refuse to deliver the Service in circumstances that may pose a risk to the safety and security of the Business.
6. Any reference to the Business in these Terms includes the Business’s personnel and any sub contractor of the Business (and its personnel).
TERMS FOR CHANGE/CANCELLATION
If you need to change the time, nature or duration of the service, you must contact Stellar or the Business immediately.
If you wish to cancel or vary the Service, you must provide at least 24 hours’ notice, otherwise you will be charged in full for the Service.
If the time taken to deliver the Service exceeds the time allowed, the Business (or Stellar) will contact you and inform you of any additional cost to complete the work and, if you agree, the work will be completed as soon as practicable. Any further cost will be charged to your registered credit card. If you do not agree with the additional cost, the Service will be deemed to be completed.
You understand and agree that these Terms shall be utilised by Stellar in the determination of any refund of monies received from your credit card.
Stellar Home Technologies Pty Limited (ACN 608 894 971)
We are committed to protecting the privacy of all personal information that we collect from you and to complying with our obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
2. Purpose of collection
We collect your personal information primarily to enable us to provide you with products or services. We may also use this information to promote or market related products or services to you.
If you choose not to provide certain personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the products or services you require, or an appropriate level of service.
3. Type of information collected
"Personal information" is information or an opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable whether or not the information is correct and not whether it is recorded in a material form or not.
The personal information that we collect includes:
- name, ACN or ABN, address, contact details, date of birth;
- payment details;
- financial institution account details;
- credit card details; and
- records of products or services supplied to or received by you.
4. Methods of collection
We will collect personal information directly from you when:
- you make an application for, or sign our agreement for, the provision of our products or services; or when/li>
- you request any information regarding our products or services in person, by phone or via the internet.
We also use other external service providers for the following purposes:
- for web hosting services for this website; and/or
- to gather non-personal information (using cookies) in order to evaluate the website’s effectiveness, for example online marketing activities.
We may collect cookies from you about your visit to our website to help us to improve our website. Cookies are small information files which are sent to your computer’s hard drive or mobile device when you visit a website and it will recognise your device on future visits. For example, we may collect the time of your visit, whether you have visited our website previously, whether you used a search engine to find us and some geographical information. For information on disabling these cookies, please go to the privacy settings section within your browser
We may also use analytical web tools such as Google Analytics to collect visitor information for us to better understand how to improve our products and services for you. In addition to the session cookie, Google Analytics uses other data collection methods such as appending query strings to an image request. We store the data generated by Google Analytics securely and do not share it with third parties.
We will only use your personal information in accordance with the APPs set out in the Privacy Act.
We will not sell your personal information to any third party for commercial purposes.
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- verifying your identity;
- providing you with our products or services;
- administering and managing those products or services, including charging, billing and collecting debts;
- conducting appropriate checks for credit-worthiness;
- providing you with information in relation to the use of our products or services;
- promoting and marketing our products or services to you;
- internal management purposes, complaint handling, planning, quality assurance and audit purposes;
- for the purpose of surveys, research and analytics (by us or our third party service providers);
- to provide products and services to you, to provide you with information about those products and services, to assist you with enquiries or purchases, to enhance your experience on our network, or to provide you with better service; and
- to gain an understanding of your information and communication needs, to perform research and analysis, and to improve or develop our products and services
We will not use your personal information for direct marketing purposes unless you have been given an opportunity to opt out of receiving direct marketing communications or unless you have otherwise consented to direct marketing. We will also ensure that you have the opportunity to "opt out" of receiving any further marketing material.
6. Disclosure to others
In providing our products or services, we may disclose your personal information to:
- government agencies;
- credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies;
- credit providers (for credit related purposes such as credit-worthiness, credit rating, credit provision and financing);
- our related companies;
- your authorised representatives or your legal advisers (when requested by you to do so);
- a third party organisation, but only in relation to us providing products or services to you (so long as the third party agrees to keep that information confidential);
- marketing and communication agencies and research and analytics providers – organisations which provide survey, research, analytics and marketing communication services relating to our products and services and our industry;
- our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers; and
- Government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law.
You can withdraw your consent to our disclosure of your personal information by advising us in writing at any time.
We will not disclose your personal information to anyone, other than as set out in this policy, unless:
- you authorise us to do so;
- your safety or the safety of others in the community is at risk; or
- we are required or permitted to do so by law.
7. Storage of personal information
We may hold your personal information in a number of ways, including:
- in our computer systems or databases, which may involve storing data on storage or computer systems provided by third party suppliers;
- in paper records; and/or
- in telephone recordings.
Where your personal information has been collected from our, or our service providers, they may also hold copies of your personal information.
We may combine personal information we receive about you with other information we hold about you.
We will store your personal information in a secure environment where it is protected by a combination of physical and technological measures. We have taken all reasonable steps to carefully protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access or disclosure, alteration or destruction.
You have a right to access your personal information. You may request details of your personal information by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Accuracy and corrections
We will take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is accurate, complete and up to date. If you believe that any personal information we hold about you is not accurate, complete or up to date, then please contact our Privacy Officer on 1300 029 290 or email@example.com.
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is kept secure.
We may enter into arrangements with third parties to store data, including personal information we collect, outside of Australia. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the third parties do not breach the APPs. The steps we will take may include ensuring the third party is bound by privacy protection obligations which are the same (or substantially the same) as those which bind us and requiring that the third party have information security measures approved by us.
11. Making a complaint
If you believe that we have interfered with your privacy in our handling of your personal information, you may contact or lodge a complaint with our Privacy Officer and, if not resolved to your satisfaction, with the Australian Privacy Commissioner.
12. Further information
13. Changes and current version