Terms & Agreements
Learn about Stellar Home
BOOKING REQUEST TERMS
1. By completing the Booking Request, you are requesting a service from a business that is willing to deliver the Service in accordance with your Booking Request. Stellar will refer your request to the relevant business.
2. You understand and agree that:
- 2.1. the information you have provided to generate the Booking Request is accurate;
- 2.2. once the business has confirmed it is willing to deliver the Service, you will receive a Booking Confirmation;
- 2.3. the Booking Confirmation will be based upon information supplied by you in the Booking Request;
- 2.4. if the Service required by you differs from the information supplied by you in the Booking Request, there may be a change to the price for the Service nominated in the Booking Confirmation;
- 2.5. if you change your requirements for the Service before the Service is completed, the price of the Service may change; and
- 2.6. unless you otherwise indicate specific requirements, the Service will be the service as outlined on the Stellar website (Hyperlink https://stellarhome.com/faq.
3. If the information you have supplied only permits the provision of indicative pricing for the Service, this will be stated in the Booking Confirmation. If this occurs, you agree that the Business shall inform you of the price for the Service immediately prior to delivery of the Service.
4. To complete your Booking Request, you must provide your credit card details. Stellar will charge your credit card when the Booking Confirmation is sent to you. The Booking Confirmation cannot be finalised unless the credit card charge is processed.
5. You authorise Stellar in its absolute discretion to apply the funds received from the credit card charge for:
- 5.1. payment to the Business upon the completion of the Service; and/or
- 5.2.refund to you if the Service is cancelled or there is an entitlement to a refund (in accordance with the Terms for Change/Cancellation – see our FAQ).
6. You understand and agree that the receipt of the funds from your credit card by Stellar shall not create any contractual relationship between you and Stellar, apart from the relationship set out in this document.
1. The Business identified in the Booking Confirmation agrees to provide the Service as detailed in the Booking Confirmation.
2. You should review the Booking Confirmation to ensure that the Service is correct and as requested in the Booking Request. You should immediately contact Stellar or the Business in the event that this information is incorrect.
3. You understand and agree that:
- 3.1. the contract for the delivery of the Service shall be between you and the Business nominated in the Booking Confirmation;
- 3.2. Stellar is the agent for the Business and is not directly accountable to you for delivery of the Service; Except as otherwise provided by law, you have no separate legal relationship with Stellar.
- 3.3. the contract for the delivery of the Service shall consist of the terms set out in:
(a) this document; and
(b) the Terms for Change/Cancellation - see see our FAQ
- 3.4. the Business is solely responsible for the delivery of the Service;
- 3.5. the Service may be performed by an employee or other person authorised by the Business;
- 3.6. the cost of the Service is based upon the information supplied by you. If there is a change to the scope of work or the information you supplied is incorrect, there may be a change in the cost of the Service;
- 3.7. you authorise Stellar to make any payment to the Business following the delivery of the Service;
- 3.8. Stellar can assist you in resolving any issues experienced with the Service, however Stellar does not accept liability for any loss or damage caused by the delivery of the Service (apart from such loss or damage caused by any act or omission of Stellar); and
- 3.9. if you are dissatisfied with the Service, you must notify the Business or Stellar within forty eight (48) hours of the completion of delivery of the Service to ensure that your issue is addressed. The Business and Stellar may (at their discretion) decline to respond to your issue should notification be received after this deadline.
4. You must ensure that:
- 4.1. the Business has safe access to your residence during the delivery of the Service;
- 4.2. the Business is made aware of any security or safety issues prior to the commencement of the Service; and
- 4.3. you have any relevant household insurances for the delivery of the Service.
5. The Business shall reserve the right to refuse to deliver the Service in circumstances that may pose a risk to the safety and security of the Business.
6. Any reference to the Business in these Terms includes the Business’s personnel and any sub contractor of the Business (and its personnel).
TERMS FOR CHANGE/CANCELLATION
If you need to change the time, nature or duration of the service, you must contact Stellar or the Business immediately.
If you wish to cancel or vary the Service, you must provide at least 24 hours’ notice, otherwise you will be charged in full for the Service.
If the time taken to deliver the Service exceeds the time allowed, the Business (or Stellar) will contact you and inform you of any additional cost to complete the work and, if you agree, the work will be completed as soon as practicable. Any further cost will be charged to your registered credit card. If you do not agree with the additional cost, the Service will be deemed to be completed.
You understand and agree that these Terms shall be utilised by Stellar in the determination of any refund of monies received from your credit card.